Tuesday, March 20, 2007

departing

So, it seems that the saying you never know what you've got till its gone is most definately true here. We definately had our rough patches on this trip and it feels that it has been until lately that we've fully come to be well adjusted here and now we have to be packed up and ready to leave. I have to be honest and say that I haven't written on here because I was being selfish in wanting to soak up all the beauty that there is to be found here. And although we have spent the better part of our time here being herded like cattle crammed into vans on squished on boats, there was so much to take in that when I had the opportunity to venture out and find the internet or find some local to pretend I could understand, I definately took to the pretending as my spanish isn't quite up to par. Over all this trip has been amazing beyond words and for all the frustrations and fears that may have been had, I wish I could get lost and suck here if only for a short while longer. It's definately a place I feel comfortable in, at least while traveling with others and the scenery, the people, the culture, the life is just so impressionable on such a greater scale than I can begin to put words together for!!

_Bonnie_

No comments: