Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Today is our last day and I am writing my first blog. It has been an amazing 10 days learning about Fair Trade, the history, economics, and lives of the Guatemalans and Mayans. Working with them and seeing how they live their lives daily makes me wonder why we are so selfish and greedy. We have no idea what it truly means to be poor, to lose someone because they stood up for their people, or to lose land because others are selfish. I wish more people could see what I have seen and experience it. There is so much need here and in so many other places in the world. We need more people to step outside their comfort zones and realize that the world is bigger than them.

On a different note, part of this trip has been enjoyable. We have seen things that I would never have dreamed possible. Tikal was my favorite stop, although the volcanos and markets were amazing too. Next country on my list... Honduras perhaps?

~Elizabeth aka Isabel

No comments: