Saturday, March 24, 2007

Thank You......

Well, we are back in the States and I cannot wait to go back to Guate. Trying to describe the whole experince has been really hard because I do not know how to start explaining how much I've learned and grew in such a short period of time.
Before leaving I though that I had an advantage over others because I had lived in a Latin American country and the culture shock was not going to be a problem; I was wrong. Yes, there are many similarities between Guate and Mexico, but in the long run the differences are greater.
This trip gave me the certainty of what I want to do. For a while I was having doubts, but those quickly faded and a new sense of commitment and purpose are prevalecent.
I am so thankful for everything I have, for all that my family has done for me, for those who were with me on this magnificent trip, and to Lynne and Laura for allowing me being part of their lives for such a short period of time, yet so magnificent and life altering.
I hope that this is only the start of my life as a passionate activist and never ending student of the amazing countries of Latin America.
Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH to those in Guate and here in the States for allowing me to experience such an amazing journey of a lifetime.

PAU

No comments: